Ok, I admit, the older I get the more conservative I get. When it comes to raising my girls I am getting more and more protective. I thought it would be the other way around. I thought that as they grew up I would let go....NOPE not the case....YET. The older they get the more protective, disciplined, etc. I get.

I censor their clothing, their TV programs, and even their friends. I have begun to feel like I have them in boot camp! NO, I am not that bad....

But, as I further my walk in Christ I also find that I am becoming conservative in many other areas in my life. I am learning to give up control of my life to Christ. This means, if I cannot be in control, then why would I want the government to be in control? So, I find that I am against big government. I don't worry about social security or retirement. I don't worry about health care. I believe my father will supply all my needs if I give Him control.

I also find that when I protect others' rights...like free speach or separation of church and state, I give up MY rights as a Christian. Not good. I am not allowed to talk about God at work or school. This violates MY rights. In order to protect others from unequal treatment, I get treated unequally by affirmative action. So, basically i have realized that when Goverment steps in to help 'protect' our rights, it takes away SOMEONE else's rights.

I just think that we should step back and give God control....not our government or the people who run it....so, I am a CONSERVATIVE now! Go figure.